Sunday, January 15, 2012

Magical Little Find on a Cold Afternoon

I was out and about yesterday, running some errands and shopping.  On a rural road fairly near our home, I  literally stumbled upon this tiny little gem of a house!  It looks like a home for a faerie or perhaps it was built by gnomes?

The curved shingled wooden roof was meticulously constructed.  It looked as though it came straight out of a story book!  There are cracks here and there in the plaster, with sparkling gemstones and glass tucked in.  I was the only visitor on this cold day, a tinkling wind chime greeted me as I approached.
It seemed surreal in a way, finding this little purple house in the middle of winter.  Turns out it's actually a ice shack, and they open to the public during the summer.  I will definitely be back to try some of this undoubtedly magical ice, but for now, I like to think of it as a warm home for the faerie folk.

Until next time... finding magic where I can!  Hope you are as well!

1 comment:

  1. I wandered from you YouTube to your blog and have thoroughly enjoyed looking around. I love the music on it. And this little faerie home (not an ice shack, lol) so darling. So much to see here, I'm sure I will be back to wander again. Hugs Patti

    ReplyDelete