Saturday, April 6, 2013

Card Share and Lovely Orchids to Brighten My Day

Greetings Woodland Wanderers! It's been quiet, but the forest is full of life! I won't apologize, but you know it's been awhile when you attempt a post and have to figure out how to do it! I've been busy working, creating, breathing and looking forward to Spring!

I've even been doing a bit of garden clean up, weather permitting! My art studio area is finally finished (the "Nook" as I like to call it) and I've been stealing away to my special spot as much as I can, to work on various projects, or sit on my favorite chair with a mug tea and some books. Not to say that I don't still like the comfy couch in front of the tv, but that is shared these days with a snoring pixie-pug-gnome-like creature I recently adopted and adore!

I wanted to share a card I recently created using an adorable digi image from Krista at Saturated Canary.  I have a button to her website on the left sidebar.  This is the first time I only used colored pencil on the image. I kind of like the softness. Think I'll try more using pencils more often.  I do love the hair on this girl!

I've since decided to enter this card in the following challenges:

Challenge #64 - Anything Goes DS4J

Papertake Weekly Anything Goes

Challenge 208 - Let's Get Krafty!

Materials Used:

"Yo Yo" Digi Image from Saturated Canary
Corrugated Kraft Card Base
"She Art" Papers from Christy Tomlinson
Derwent Colored Pencils Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen and Vintage Photo
Martha Stewart Rose Stamp
Inkainkadoo Flower Stamp and "Be Unique" Sentiment Stamp
Crochet Lace, Feather and Burlap from my Craft Stash

Hope all is well in your part of the woodland! Sharing some lovely orchids gifted to me recently by my fabulous other half!   Nothing brightens the day more than flowers on your work desk, and a visit from your sweet daughter.

Thanks for your visit, blessings on your day!
 ~Piper

5 comments:

  1. beautiful card Piper.
    Thanks for join us at DigiStamps4Joy.
    Hope you join us next time.

    Greetings karin DT member


    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card, beautiful design, thank you for joining us at
    Digistamps4Joy

    Alex DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and great image, thanks for sharing with us at creative this week and good luck with the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful creation with great attention to detail. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely colored digi. Thanks for joining us at DigiStamps4Joy for this challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete